I chose to use Library Thing as part of my Web 2.0 projects.
Here is a link to my Library Thing> http://www.librarything.com/profile/Tifarah
On my profile page I have listed a few of my favorite books and authors. I have also included a few of the books that I am currently reading.
To list my whole collection would take months. It is so large and I am in the process of going through my collection and weeding out the books I don't like nor read.
I chose Library Thing because we had the option of using it earlier in the semester and I liked it. Plus, since I already had an account with them it was less work.
I enjoyed going through and adding books and editing the collection lists. It kinda made me feel like I was in a library processing books that were incoming. I liked it! I plan on eventually putting my entire collection on Library Thing. I don't know if it will actually happen- but that's what I am aiming for.
I don't really see how Library Thing can help out my library- but I definitely see how it can help me. With Library Thing I will be able to actually catalog my collection and get suggestions from other profiles. I'm looking forward to using this tool!
When I update my account I'll try and keep you posted- if you are interested!
Keep it sassy you crazy library people!
No comments:
Post a Comment