Sunday, January 16, 2011

Competency Sets...

Alrighty then.... I scored high in several categories, but apparently when it comes to basics I need remedial help. Funny huh? When it came to Web Development, boy did I feel stupid! I really hope to improve my score in the future.

Basics:
74% Knowledge
60% Skills
70% Assessment Group

Word Processing
100% Knowledge
93% Skills
95% Assessment Group

Spreadsheet
97% Knowledge
86% Skills
89% Assessment Group

Database
87% Knowledge
70% Skills
78% Assessment

Presentation
83% Knowledge
93% Presentation
90% Assessment Group

Internet
58% Knowledge
51% Skills
68% Assessment Group

Web Development
43% Knowledge
31% Skills
37% Assessment Group

Personal Goals:
I would like to improve my skills in Basic and Web Development. At the end of this course I hope to have a better grasp not only library technology but technology in general. I would like to be either proficient or on my way to becoming proficient in as many areas of technology. Also I would love to be able to finally understand HTML markup and RSS languages. I have always been curious about them, but never understood them. Hopefully I will be able to meet these goals and any others I may develop.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks,Tifarah! Best wishes on reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized I wanted to say more about your interest in understanding HTML, and how that may interact with our course wiki. I think you will enjoy our course wiki--at least experimenting with it! Anyone who wants to learn more about HTML will find that just clicking the button that shows the code of a wiki page will be helpful. If you copy and paste from Word, the code will be full of rows and rows of "unnecessary" junk--but if you use the WYSIWYG wiki editor to type your contributions, it will be more instructive, and you'll soon come to appreciate the simple, basic HTML codes and what they do. (You may notice I said this to another classmate, too!)

    ReplyDelete