Saturday, January 15, 2011


Hey everyone! I’m Tifarah. I live in Fortville, Indiana with my grandparents, cousin, dog and cat. A cool thing about where I live is it is a small town. We literally only have one stoplight. I work at the library just a little ways away from said stoplight. I love working in a small town library because I really get to develop relationships with the patrons that come in.

Not only do I work at the library, but I work at a school in Carmel as an after school facilitator. I really enjoy working with the children. Not only am I touching their lives, but they are touching mine as well. It’s really quite cool.

In my sparse free time I like to read and listen to music. I have started to drift towards bands and authors that aren’t conventional. (Yes, I’m one of those people.) I really like music and books that really make you think.

Here are some links for you:

http://www.fortville.lib.in.us/

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/page/DR_Pub_Fortville_Mccordsville_Reporter/

The photo that you see was taken about a year ago. I was at Target with my best friend and we decided to try on the hats to see how “awesome” we looked. I think we looked great!

4 comments:

  1. I really think it's the finger pushing down that makes the picture.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tifarah,
    I like your hat!
    I hope we get around to discussing online privacy issues in class. It really isn't safe to post real names (especially uncommon ones), locations, info on who you live with, etc., online. I'm kind of surprised we were asked to do it, actually. Privacy can especially be a problem in libraries where computers are shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful--I like your creation! In response to privacy concerns, I am not requiring you to post real names, locations, or other information that may be considered unsafe. I perhaps assumed no one would do anything they were uncomfortable with, and have posted an additional note in the orientation/instructions. So if you want to consider removing your name and hometown, it is understandable. Your blog is great though, and your responses to others have all been thoughtful and supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tifarah! Great picture! I love the background scenery of your blog. Very comfy and homey looking. Just needs a fireplace and a dog...or cat. Great job!

    ReplyDelete