Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chapter 2 Sources

Its finally here!

What you may ask?

The end of the six week source monitoring!!

I have to say that I personally am a bit pleased with the fact that the source monitoring is over. Why? Because I kept forgetting to check them until I did my blog posts. I had them bookmarked in Delicious, in my RSS feeder and on both of the computers I use for school- but STILL forgot about them. (I did remember eventually.)Now, I have one less thing to remember in my already chaotic brain.

But enough chit chat: Let's get started with my analysis of my sources shall we? I will try to make the experience as painless as possible.

Freepint: FreePint wasn't half bad. I didn't have the problem of it not being updated regularly. Almost everytime I checked, the site had been updated. The content that FreePint offered was informational and I found it helpful. Example: FreePint wrote in their newsletter for February 17th 2011 about providing accurate and simple information to patrons. The newsletter also listed a link to a very interesting and beneficial article. I have provided the link for you at the bottom of this page. One of the subjects I am personally interested in is information literacy. FreePint gave me some interesting points on this topic. I daresay, that I may consult FreePint in the future- even though it is no longer required.

Educause: I hated this site. With a passion. No...really! I chose this source because of the catchy title: 7 Things You Should Know About. I thought, "Wow! This is going to provdie me with some interesting information! Yay!" Not yay. This source was very rarely updated- which made the point of updating on its lack of updates ridiculous. I seriously thought about dropping this source from my monitoring schedule. But alas, I decided I had already started so why stop? I decided to see it through to completion. The rare updates that occurred, didn't interest me or help me out that much. I will not ever use this source again unless asked to, nor will I recommend that anyone waste their time with it.

Finally, the piece de resistance- Disruptive Library Technology Jester: I loved this source! The author had a way of writing that captured my attention. I get bored easily (as I'm sure ya'all have noticed) but this blog really entertained me. The author provided interesting and important information plus wrote in an easy going manner. The posts were filled with other sources to gain information from. I was impressed- and that isn't something that happens often. Every post I found information and can't really pick a favorite. I do have a most interesting pick: The post from February 2, 2011. I even wrote about it. You should check it out. For easy viewing I included the link below. I will definitely be using this source in the future and highly recommend it to others in the future.

LINKS:

FUMSI article referenced in FreePint:FUMSI Article: Embedded Librarianship Part 1: Aligning With Organisational Strategy to Transform Information into Knowledge

Disruptive Library Technology Jester:Thursday Threads: So-called “Internet Kill-switch”, IP address exhaustion, demographics of P2P piracy | Disruptive Library Technology Jester

As always keep it real (and humorous!) you crazy library peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment