If you aren't familiar with him, he is an AMAZING author! I love the way he writes, its different and very honest. Plus he's quite humorous!
I HIGHLY SUGGEST reading him. I may be a bit biased but- eh whatever! :D
So, to the point of this post...
He is running a promo or something of the sort to win a copy of his book..I am totally participating in it in the hopes that I win a copy!!
All I have to do is embed his video in my blog. So...Watch this great video!
It talks about telling a story, more specifically your life story...You just have to watch to get the full gist of it. It is really a great video and motivating. Even if you don't ever read his novels (which you really really should), you should watch it- just for its motivational message.
Watch out for the part where he states, "Conflict actually brings meaning into our story." His statement is so true. I challenge you to write it down so that you remember it when things get tough. I know I will! :D
What story are you telling? from Rhetorik Creative on Vimeo.
If you are interested in buying his book here are the links to it on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
Barnes & Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-Million-Miles-In-A-Thousand-Years/Donald-Miller/e/9781418578480/?itm=1&USRI=a+million+miles+in+a+thousand
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Million-Miles-Thousand-Years-Learned/dp/1400202981/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1276717752&sr=1-1
Check him out and let me know what ya think! If you have any questions about him or his work don't hesitate to ask! Ya'all know I'm willing to share anything about literature (especially those in my top 5 :D)
As always- keep it sassy you crazy library people!
No comments:
Post a Comment