Sunday, February 27, 2011

How Competent Am I?

I am confident in my competency in as humble of a way as possible. (Yes I know my grammar for that sentence is atrocious- but hey I don't care, I'm not an English major! :D)

I thought that I was not that competent when it came to searching, but found that thanks to hard work and actually doing my assignments, I am a competent searcher.

I'll break it down.

Connecting:
This is absolutely no problem for me.

Printing/Downloading search results information:
I better know how to do this, since I do get asked to help with this task ALL THE TIME!

Other means of access:
I am comfortable with all 3 tasks, but I could use some improvement on using my own personal library account.

Public Searching:
I am not super confident in my abilities, but I know with time and practice I will do better.

Staff Mode SEarching:
I am very confident in my abilities here. I perform lots of searches for the patrons at my library during every shift I work. I have learned nice little tricks to use when helping patrons.

Overall I would have to say that I am pretty confident in my competence.

Alrighty then folks! Stay sassy and amazing you crazy library people!

No comments:

Post a Comment