So...My sources..
As most of you are probably aware my sources are: Seven Things You Should Know About, Disruptive Library Jester and Free Pint.
I checked out 7 Things and there wasn't anything new since I picked it for one of my sources.
Disruptive Jester had something very interesting. It mentioned that U.S. Senate has a bill proposing an internet kill-switch. There was mention that it could create something like what happened in Egypt. I would suggest that any of you who haven't really paid attention to the Egypt situation go and take a look. It's pretty interesting stuff- and scary on some points. My prayers are with them- but I have gotten off topic. (You really should be used to this by now, it happens a lot and I daresay it will happen again! :)
Free Pint mentioned that the writer was riding on the trainand saw kindles, ipads and other such technology being used. I didn't spend that much time reading and reviewing this site as I didn't find it as fascinating as Disruptive Jester.
On a side note- I checked out the Discussion Board 3 Review Sharon posted. I found it quite fascinating. If you haven't checked it out I highly recommend it. I can't wait to see what she has to say about this week's DB.
And back to Egypt- just to mention it again- you really should check out whats goin on over there. And also think about the repercussions of having an internet kill switch. Food for thought- look at it, bite, chew and slowly digest. And remember information is power. The more information and education you have the better off you are.
So that's all I have for this post. Stay awesome you crazy library people! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment